As you bake, baste, and sauté your way into a delicious Thanksgiving, make sure you are not offering your pets your tasty scraps that could be toxic to them!
Here is a table scrap checklist:
OK as Snacks:
- Lean bits of cooked turkey, beef, pork or fish without the skin and without bones.
- Raw vegetables other than onions or garlic. Good choices are carrots, celery, lettuce and cabbage hearts.
- Cooked vegetables without butter and salt (no onions or garlic).
- Plain raw pumpkin.
- Peanut butter is ok, but it very oily and high in calories. Give sparingly.
NOT OK as Snacks:
- Anything with raisins
- Anything with grapes
- Anything with onions
- Anything starchy (bread, potatoes, pasta)
- Anything with chocolate
- Anything with sugar
- Anything with alcohol
- Macadamia nuts
- Raw meat
- Turkey skin/chicken skin